Montgomery Alabama Car Accident Lawyer Goes to Battle for Your Fair Compensation
Aggressive personal injury lawyer in Alabama puts your need for full and fair compensation for car wrecks first
When you are in an accident and get hurt, you need treatment and compensation for your injuries. If you live in Montgomery or the surrounding area and are the victim of a car wreck, call an attorney who is experienced in getting compensation for your injuries. Chip Nix, Attorney at Law represents people injured in vehicle accidents. We advise you on what to do after the accident, make sure your case is filed on time, and fight for compensation that will make you whole again.
Some specific cases in which you may find yourself needing an attorney include when you have been hit by a drunk driver, when you are hit by a drowsy driver, and when something extraordinary happens like when you suffer a rollover accident. In any case it’s free to discuss your situation with our experienced attorney.
Liability for an Alabama auto-related injury
Liability for injuries sustained in an auto accident is based in large measure on the Alabama Rules of the Road. To establish a party is at fault for the accident and therefore responsible for injuries, the injured person may show that a violation has occurred, such as:
- Failure to stop. Traffic light signals and stop signs are put in place to facilitate the safe flow of traffic. When a driver fails to stop at a stop sign, or runs a red light and causes an accident, the fault lies with the driver who failed to obey the traffic signal or sign. If your car is hit from behind, sideswiped or involved in a front-end collision, you are entitled to hold the driver of the other vehicle accountable and seek compensation for your injuries.
- Distracted driving. Texting, tweeting and paying attention to things other than the operation of a vehicle can result in a car wreck. Distracted drivers are becoming more and more of a problem as drivers focus on other technologies while driving. If you are the victim of a distracted driver, protect your rights by contacting an auto accident attorney to evaluate your case.
- Improper lane change. Swerving in and out of traffic and failing to signal when doing so — or changing lanes against the yellow line — are considered improper lane changes. Cars that improperly invade your driving space are responsible for injuries caused by the action. Call an experienced car accident lawyer for a discussion of your legal rights and choices if you have suffered an injury as a result of another person’s improper lane change.
- Negligent operation of a motor vehicle. Operating a vehicle without regard to the safety of other motorists is not tolerated. Failure to follow the standard of care for the safety of others is negligence. When a collision happens as a result of the negligence of a driver, the injuries sustained by the non-negligent party are compensable. If you suffered an injury because of someone’s negligent use of a motor vehicle, hire a personal injury attorney who knows how to fight for full and fair compensation for your injuries. Compensation for broken bones, pain and suffering, damage to internal organs, brain injury, and other injuries can be maximized by an experienced lawyer.
What to do after the dust settles
If you have been involved in a car or truck accident, there are certain steps you will want to take to help your case. Some of those steps are:
- Make an appointment with a physician as soon as possible so your injuries can be diagnosed and treated. Common injuries include whiplash, broken bones, bruises, concussions, knee injuries, back injuries, and shoulder injuries.
- Write down the names and addresses of all parties involved and all of the witnesses as soon as possible.
- Preserve evidence by taking photos of the accident scene and the vehicles. This will provide evidence in support of your claim.
- Get the insurance information, including policy number and insurance company, for all people involved in the wreck. Making a claim with the other driver’s insurance company is a much smoother process when all the information is readily available. If possible, get this information at the time of the accident so you can relay it to your lawyer for use.
- Do not give a statement to any insurance company.
To preserve your case, call an attorney as soon as possible. In Alabama, you have two years after the accident to file a suit, however, there are many important steps to take to secure your case after your injury. Call an attorney competent in handling car wrecks to make sure you are compensated for your injuries.
Chip Nix, Attorney at Law, is a veteran of personal injury cases. We represent people in car and truck accidents, motorcycle wrecks, industrial accidents and wrongful death cases. We have many years of experience bringing actions against negligent drivers. Rather than settle quickly for a small amount of money, we take your matter seriously so the result is satisfactory to you. We have tried hundreds of cases, which sets us apart from other personal injury lawyers. We know how to settle and when to settle your case for maximum results.
Schedule an appointment with a reachable Alabama personal injury lawyer
We return your call the same day you call. We have flexibility in scheduling appointments and will even visit you at your home or in the hospital. Chip Nix, Attorney at Law offers a free initial consultation and gives personal attention to your case. Call today at 334-279-7770 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.
Our office serves Montgomery Alabama, and the surrounding areas: